Sunday, February 7, 2010

The NEW Second Street Brewery

So, I think I've mentioned Santa Fe's new Railyard area on this LJ before.   There's a train station and the Santa Fe's bi-weekly farmer's market there.  (Click here for a link to my October post on the Farmer's Market.)  In any case, a brand-spanking new restaurant opened there and yesterday afternoon we decided to check it out. 

It's the Second Street Brewery!
The original Second Street Brewery is on Second Street, naturally.  That location is large and frequently has live music.  The scene reminds me a lot of a Boulder bar- kind of hippy-ish and sporty-ish but yet still new and clean.  Anyway, the railyard location is smaller but still very nice. Also, the menu is a bit different than at their other location and includes several dishes with locally raised food from the farmer's market.
Here's K at the bar:

There is a lot of light and many of the windows are like garage doors so in the summer an entire side of the restaurant will be open air.  Cool, huh?
We sat down and split an order of our favorite food- mussels:

I thought the mussels were great.  But, in the interest of full disclosure, I will say that I have had a bad cold for the past week and I have lost most of my sense of taste and smell.  K, on the other hand, thought that the mussels were bland and had to add salt and pepper.  I have never heard of anyone ADDING salt to brine before so I have a suspicion that K's assessment was more accurate than mine. On the other hand, we both liked the tortilla chips with habanero and pinon nut salsa.  

Who is everyone rooting for in the Big Game tonight?  I'm rooting for the underdog Saints this year as my team, the Steelers, were terrible this season.  We're heading over soon to watch the game with some pals.  I'm making super-delicious jalapeno poppers:

What could possibly be better than a jalapeno stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon?  Nothing, that's what.

The recipe I got from The Pioneer Woman.  Recipe linked directly here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment