Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Weekender- Weblinks of Note

This is what I've been reading this week online:

- Outside Magazine's Interview with Cory Richards : A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of meeting Cory at the North Face speaker series in Santa Fe.  Cory showed slides and told war stories of his trek up Gasherbrum II, a 8,000 meter peak in Pakistan IN THE WINTERTIME and surviving an avalanche slide to boot.  Guess that's why he's nominated for National Geographic's 2012 Adventurer of the Year.

Gasherbrum II - gnarly looking

- Video on one of my favorite femblogs The Hairpin on how to get that perfect cat eye.  Hint: it involves liquid eyeliner and ordinary household materials.  (I did it and it worked!)

- Obsessed about our 4 day trip to Crested Butte, CO that's coming up. Early season deals there are killer.  On the agenda is finally working the moguls while remaining continuously upright.  No guarantees.  Also on the agenda is some xc skiing on their Nordic ski course, hot tubbing, and maybe a massage.  Life is rough, I know.
This is a photo of me from last year with a good view of the Butte.  Man was it frigid last November!

- I just finished Ann Patchett's newest book, State of Wonder.  Slow to start but an excellent read.  Snaps all around.  Maybe I'll get around to posting a review.  It might take me a while as I'll be too busy rocking the steeps and luxuriating though.

No comments:

Post a Comment